HIS Mess!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

This is the first blog about this years walk that I will take with our gracious God. I have been thinking about doing a blog about something that is fun and important for a while now. I just didn't know what I wanted to blog about. Sure I have a blog about my family and what everyone is doing along with some of my favorite pictures, but really who am I helping? I want to grow in my walk with God and I need some accountability just like when I joined weight watchers last year and lost my goal weight and kept it off. If it had not been for the other people who have pushed me along the way I may never have made it through. This will give me a way to be accountable and to be able to see my goals and meet my goals. First of all the most important thing will be my walk with God. I also have been hurting to see my babies grow to know God but I have not done all that I need to be doing to teach them about how they too can have a fulfilling relationship with God as well.

This is where I start. The reason I decided to call my blog " Now that you know these things do them" is because I believe that once we hear and learn what God is saying to us we need to obey. My husband and I used to go to a marriage class at the church we were members at in our old town. After every lesson Dianna, one of the leaders would always say "now that you know these things do them" and that always stuck with me. It held me accountable. It has now been 3 years sense we moved and I am ready for the accountable part again so I have decided this is how I need to do it.

I only decided to do this this morning, so I wasn't too sure where to start so I decided to start with the scripture itself...

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

My prayer today... Holy Spirit, please speak to my heart through the days, months, and years to come. Help me to further your kingdom by using this blog as a tool to reach others. Help me become more like you everyday. Thank you for the trials that lie before me. Please use them to teach me. Please give me the knowledge and understanding that I will need. Thank You for sending your son to die for our sins so that we will have everlasting life with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment