HIS Mess!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Repent and Restore! Now Serve!

I wanted to talk more about the blog from Wednesday. I have been looking more into the issue as to wheather God will use you if you are broken from sin. I talked about how God gets all the glory in our weaknesses. God does use our brokeness. He uses our weaknesses. One thing I did not really talk about too much was that there is kind of a process to this.Most of us can not just be stuck in a sin that consumes us and then the very next day be ready to do Gods work. It takes a little work to be in the right place for God to use us after we have been stuck in sin. I have been looking into some more scriptures. These scriptures will be more about repenting and restoring. We all must repent. We must be restored.

Jer15:19
Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not wothless, words you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.
The Lord commands Jeremiah to repent, then renew his call. If you have been stuck in some kind of sin, God will still use you too. Repent and restore just like Jeremiah did.

Ezekiel 18:30-32
Therefore, O house of Isreal, I will judge you each one according to his ways, declares the sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid your selves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of isreal? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Are you not too sure about repenting yet? How about this one. This should make you feel  good about repenting.
Luke 15: 7 "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."
Luke 15: 10 "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Restore!
Jeremiah 31:18bRestore me, and I will return, because you are the Lord my God.

Nahum 2:2The LORD will restoe the splender of Jacob like the splendor of Isreal, though destroyers have laid them waste and have ruined their vines.
This is saying that the whole nation will be restored and united again.

1Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

I want to close with the same verse I started with.

Jer15:19
Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me;


Tonight I ate 17 bowls of Chili at the chili cook off.I may need some help getting up from  this chair. Some of your youth made some really good stuff. Here are a few pictures of them.
Have a wonderful week!

Jr High boys aka "Super Chili Bros"

Princess Peach

Little Luigi

Wario

Jr High and High School Girls aka Super Jesus Freaks!

High School Boys aka Got Bubbles?
Not sure where they came up with that...

 Cool shirts!

 Annie was there to test taste all the chili.
Good job to all the youth that participated in the Chili Cook off!
xo-becky

No comments:

Post a Comment