HIS Mess!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wow Wednesday #3

Eve

I am studying the women of the Bible with my WAGOH's book club. (women after Gods own heart) We just started back on Friday. We are starting with Eve. I am going to take you along with me on my study.

These are the following scriptures we are reading this week. Read along with me.
Genesis 1:26-28, 2:18-25, 3, 4:1-2, and 25
2 Corinthians 11:3
1Timothy 2:13-15

To sum it all up for me, It seems like that there is lots going on here. I think it is pretty neat that God made us from from Adams rib. We were not made of dirt like Adam was.
All of our problems though started with Eve. Eve was the one who was tempted by Satan to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The both immediately noticed they were naked. God cursed Satan. God sent Adam and Eve away from the Garden of Eden. This is when man started to have to have to work very hard. It is also when God said that women will have great pain with childbirth. God made man also be over women.
Satan still to this day tempts us to not do as God has told us to do.


something has been eating at me today...
I have a really good friend who is married to a man who is very emotionally/mentally abusive and even financially abusive. He is also that way to their children. She doesn't really know what to do. She knows that she has TRIED to make him happy and it does not work. She tries to do what God says to do.She struggles with submitting to him because submitting to his authority would mean that she would be living out of  what God says in the Bible about how we should live.  She has been to some christian counseling in which the councilor told her that they should separate for the mental safety of the children. They did separate for a few weeks but he came back home before anything was changed. They do not get along at all. She brought him some information on marriage and relationship workshops today and told him she wanted to go. He said ok but  when he got mad at her today he ripped it in half and put it on her desk. I don't know what to tell her anymore. I need prayer for how I should be a witness to her. I need advise on where I should read about what God would want her to do. Can they pull out of this? Its been going on for about 10 years already. He says he is a Christian. Is he teaching his children who are not Christians yet that there is nothing special about being a christian and that you don't really have to try to live like Christ? Ugh...I am just not good in this area.




Something I am ok at is finding really cute thing to put on my blog. I am probably going to have the girls make their own valentine card for this year. I have some really good ideas going through my head. Can't wait till payday so we can get started.

I found these cute vintage cards on-line today. Too cute.






Here are a few Ideas for home made card as well...



WHOOO doesn't like an owl? This would work for a girl and a boy. We all know that the kids will get enough candy at the parties but my kids always lose their pencils so this would be a great substitute to the suckers.



I like these. You can use scrap fabric and glue it under the heart you cut out. Then just use some yarn or even glitter and glue to decorate around the heart. If you do not have any fabric use some cute printed paper.

Get crafty and make your own cards this year...

xo-becky

No comments:

Post a Comment