HIS Mess!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wow Wednesday #4 - Brokenness

This week I have been bothered by something someone said to me. We were talking about church stuff. This person said that they had a real problem with the following kind of situation...

There is someone who says they are a Christian. This person lives with someone outside of a marriage. This person also cheated on the other person with someone else. This person was at church camp teaching children the next week. It really got me to thinking. Can God use a broken sinning person to do his work? What do I say to this person who is not a christian? I don't really want this to be about what " I think" so I decided to just look up scripture to see if this helps answer my question. My hope is that if you are struggling with sin, you will pull out of it and do Gods work. My hope is that everyone will understand we ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. It is my hope that you see that the only way to come to God is through Jesus Christ...

This story is kind of the same thing.
John 8:3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was  caught in the act of adultery.In the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap in order to have a basis for accusing him. but Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept questioning hi he straightened up and sad to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one  condemned you" No one, sir, she said. Then neither do I condemn you." Jesus declared " Go now and leave your life of sin 
What does that say to you?
Jesus was the only one left there because he was the only one with out sin, he did not condone what the woman had done.

2Cor 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when i am weak, then I am strong.
What does this say to you?
Human weakness provides the ideal opportunity for the display of devine power.

If you back up and read the 2Cor 12:7...To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
I think we all have a thorn of some kind. We make God even more glorious if we use our thorn (or sin) to reach the people that are lost. We have lived through the thorns, we have the scares to show it. We should not hide them, we should show them and give God the glory for the Grace Jesus has given us to be able to overcome our weakness and still have an eternal life with our Creator.

Rom 10:9 That if you confess with you mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Happy Wednesday!
God I trust you, I trust your word. Please speak through me because I can't come up with the words to carry your message. I want you to be glorified in all I do. Use my sins to further your kingdom. Use my good stuff to further you kingdom. Take all the glory and remind me when I take any for myself.I am thankful for your forgiveness of all my sins.  I Love you. Amen.

xo-becky

No comments:

Post a Comment