HIS Mess!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Suddenly Sunday

5 unrelated words to describe this week...
Mud
color
coNtrol
rIpped
fast

Its hard to remember what I did this week. That's what happens when you are in your 30's and you have too much going on. Its weeks like these that you are really glad that God is in control. He gets the glory for it all. Good and bad, easy and hard, everything.

Mud: Blake and his friend are making a village out of mud and sticks and stuff for a social studies project. I have pictures of the first stages. They have 2 weeks to complete the project. I found a piece of plywood that I gave them. They covered it with the mud and are going to build little huts and they will add a water supply as well. They think they will earn a really good grade. We will see.

COLOR: This week I got my hair done! I only get my hair cut and colored one time a year. When you have five kids, money is tight so one of the things I gave up years ago was a cool hair do. It really is a treat to get your hair cut and colored when its only rarely when you get to do it. It feels so soft and looks way more healthy now. Its a little darker that I have every gone, but I LOVE it!

BEFORE


After

CONTROL: As you can see from the above picture that I have been having a problem with some control. Food control. I have got to get serious about my food intake. I love the taste of food. I really need to take control again like I did a couple of years ago. That is what I plan on doing. That's where R.I.P.P.E.D played a part this week. At work, they just started a couple of new classes. One is Piloxing and the other is R.I.P.P.E.D. I tried both classes this week and will make them a habit in my weekly routine.

FAST: I really want to try to do this. We have been studying in the book of Acts the past few weeks. This chapter tells a lot about when the disciples went out to preach the message of Jesus after Jesus had already been crucified and raised from the dead and went back up to heaven. After Jesus died we were freed from the laws of Moses, but the church continued to fast and pray before they did, anything, really. I want to understand more about this. I think we may be messing out on some really important stuff that God has for us to do because we do not really fast as a church anymore. Fasting can really make you rely on God more and it removes distractions that can be in the way of you talking to God. Read about Paul and
Barnabas's first mission trip in Acts 13-15. Tell me what you think.

Next weeks plans...
Grocery shopping, football, Fields of Faith  and much much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment