HIS Mess!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Haboob

Have you ever heard of Black Sunday? On Sunday April 15, 1935 there was a black day. It had been a very long dry season, actually decade, and on one Sunday after noon after a long week of dust storms, there came a big black cloud. No one knew what it was. People said they could not even see their hands in front of their faces in some places in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. Check out these pictures I found on the Internet...





Why are these people not running to hide in their cars?

Well, Monday here in Lubbock we saw something very much like this. It was about 6pm Monday night while we were on our way to Blake's football game when I looked in my rear view mirror and started freaking out by what I saw. I handed my hubby the camera and the phone and told him to  take pictures and call DPS to see if it was a tornado or what...
These are the pictures we were able to catch while we were driving on the freeway and at the football field. Enjoy...



This is what it looked like right before it came in. The news said that it was 8,000 feet up into the sky.

then as soon as it hit...

This care was in front of us. You cant see the front of it.

I was trying to take a picture of the road right beside me, cant see the road.


when we finally made it to the football field you could not even see the other side of the field.




starting to clear. you can see the building behind the field.

This was about 30 minutes after it hit.

CRAZIEST thing I have ever seen. I thought it was like a F10 tornado:) I was freaking out!
XOXO- Becky

1 comment: